In my last post I introduced to you the first step to monetizing your audience — get specific. Today, I’m going to go over the second step.
The second step to monetizing your audience is…
Create your framework.
When you got specific on who you want to help, you should have also decided what result you are able to help them achieve. Let’s continue with the real estate example.
Our real estate agent Jane has decided:
- She’s going to help realtors who are trying to sell their very first house
- The result that she is confident in getting those realtors is that they will be able to sell their very first house after learning from her.
Now that Jane knows who specifically she is helping and what result she is going to get them how to get, it’s time for her to write out how these real estate agents are going to go from where they are now to selling their first house.
This is where the framework comes in. Think about where your target audience is right now. The more you know about where they are right now, the better the product you will create. Now, think about what steps they will need to take in order to be able to get the result that you are teaching them how to get.
Another way to think about this is:
- Imagine that you win 10 million dollars — but there’s a catch
- To be able to keep those 10 million dollars, you have to be able to teach a beginner real estate agent how to sell their first house. Not only do you have to teach them that, but you have to teach them in a way that if they follow exactly what you teach, they will be able to get that result. In short, that 10 million dollars depends on if they get that result or not.
- There’s another catch. You can only teach them by giving them a document with the steps they need to follow on it.
Now replace that with your situation below:
You’ve won 10 million dollars! Yay! But there’s a catch. In order to keep that 10 million, you have to teach a your target audience to the result they will get.
Not only do you have to teach them how to result they will get, but through your teaching you have to ensure that if they follow your teachings to the T, they get the result.
But wait, there’s more. You can only teach them how to result by writing out a document with the steps they need to follow on it.
This is a short article, but an important one. Once you have your framework written out, you’ll be able to create any product from it. More on that in a later article in this series.
Now, get to work writing out your framework. You’ll need it for the next step!