Customer‘s journey through the Funnel
Build the need for the product
Personalized targeted communication
Call to action
The latest marketing techniques are very well intertwined with the social media presence of their product’s target audience.
The Covid19 maiden voyage brought a new revelation to me, today not only kids even adults are enticed, by attaching lucrative perks with their products & services on Social media.
Unlike what I believed and wrote in my first blog on a parenting portal. Where I expressed concern over my child’s fondness for a chocolate brand, just to get the free toy in its packet. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-advertising-targets-our-children/575
However, in the current scenario, it has delved deeper into the customer’s mind and social space. The marketer knows what topic you are searching for, on which search engines, what’s your social media presence and activities. Based upon this information they strategically position their products.
- There are a Plethora of online marketers selling their Products/ Services/ Courses/ Talent.
- Our online necessity has allowed them to encapsulate the Web Market.
- Not all are futile as they can be a big source of knowledge and talent advancement.
Discerning Customers should not be ignorant of the following marketing strategies:
- Sellers are building the need for the product in their social media space.
- Validating it through a series of interactive activities like Contest, Freebies, Discounted Offers to fetch personal mail ID or contact no. Further, pushing their products through personalized emails and messages.
What’s the catch?
Here both the seller and the buyer need to make their choices effectively!!
- If the customer feels he genuinely needs the product he can be a Happy customer for the seller.
- While some of them would genuinely want to try the product at least once. These can be converted into regular customers.
- However, those who fall into it because of the attractive marketing tactics can be risky customers. As most likely, they lose interest and pull out in the middle. These indecisive customers may spread bad word of mouth in the market.
I have been into all three categories. The last one is the most unfulfilling experience for both the end-user and seller.
I was persuaded to head towards the end of the funnel with induced purchases on the way. At the bottom of the funnel, when the final high priced product was offered I felt trapped.
These products are wrapped with catchy headlines, candy floss content and an attractive design that fetches instant user attention.
And to convert them into footfalls on their site they build emotional connect, promotions, offers, attractive prices and contests. All these are not new to the marketing application. But in the web world, Social Media Marketers can build the brand at a much faster pace with their targetted audience.
The key point is not all customers can be made Happy Loyal Customers.
From a customer perspective, I would recommend gathering maximum information and then choose, because these days almost nobody and anybody is offering freebies.
To get a better insight into the seller and customer perspective, I would recommend few sites for you to read.
It’s important to make choices judiciously.
Nothing wrong with these marketing tips and tricks as long as it is backed up by genuine products fulfilling the needs of their customer.
Otherwise, customers would leave the funnel unsatisfied and sellers will end up getting inconsistent revenue.
Truly believe in this quote :
“ A Customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.”
— — — — — — — — — -Mahatma Gandhi